Tuesday 18 June 2013

Confusing always online always



Always online is pretty typical these days. There is always that must be avoided to keep the PCs (and Xboxes).

The idea is to always be online became an important debate a while back because one of the new Xbox game console is included. I thought that this was a long time ago been resolved. Computers today are always online. The Nintendo Wii is always online. Your phone is always online. Most devices today are always online. So what is the big deal?

I think there is some confusion in the always online and always on top. This is nothing more than to leave the devices when they are not actively used. What is stupid. I've written about this before: by turning off your computer saves energy and means that it can pick up the bad bugs or strange updates without you knowing it.

Most importantly, it keeps the machine's healthier. Let me give you some examples. I used an iMac in the San Francisco Office, which ran perfectly for 4 years. I brought up the Mac user my friend who keeps having problems with his machine.

"I never have a problem," boasted.

In his retort, "Yes, because you turn the computer on and off all the time, mainly due to the rebooting continuously. That's Why. "

I don't think much about it until I realized that my home office the two Windows machines gives you a totally different experience for users. One is all the time — I'll write that one now. The second, which is used in more extreme missions, podcast creation, photo manipulation, video editing, and other demanding multimedia chores is always on when not in use.

The difference is phenomenal. First, I'll leave all the time to write the machine takes forever to boot if necessary — even for six minutes now. I'm not sure this could be corrected up to the nightly shutdowns. So do not turn off; I put the computer in "Sleep" mode. Good for the third time, it will not be able to restore from sleep and has to be rebooted, a process which usually fails, and the second to complete.

My best bet to get anything done is to leave the unit throughout the night. The second engine shut down and, if necessary, always, and no problems at all.

(And mind you, I have and use the utilities, clean the registry and fix the obvious. This does not help with boot times.)

I have doubts about why this may be in the running. Once you get in the habit of giving computer go overnight real gremlins knocking. Java Update may ask. Adobe wants to update the Flash again! RealPlayer drops by for some reason. Microsoft want to patch the system. Internet-worm slides in and out of a few ports to see if you can leave open, vulnerable FTP program or perhaps a Web browser. At the same time, every open gate is pounded by who knows what. This happens throughout the night.

When you come back to the computer in the morning, rarely understand requests for beating up and attacks all the time, it was dark out.

You can, of course, to pull the plug on the Internet when you go to bed, but who remembers?

The point is, whether or not the Xbox or PC, just turn off when not in use. Make it a habit. You can see how much better everything works.